Thank you for your interest in ArtsFest 2020!
We are so excited to bring music, dance, theatre, visual arts, and film together for the community to see just how amazing our local art scene is!
On April 18th, we’ll have 4-5 buildings on campus full of activities for anyone to attend.
Visual Arts has a building to itself where we will have a gallery on the 2nd and 3rd floors in the Parcells Building on Amarillo College Campus (Washington).
The 2nd floor will showcase various styles of paintings, and sculptures, while the 3rd floor will feature local photographers’ works, and a photography class hosted by Renee West. Auburn Adams will also offer a painting class during the day on campus in a separate building. Times for this class will be available at www.amarilloartsfest.com soon.
Outside, just north of the Parcells Building, we will have booth spaces for local artisans to share their talents with people passing through all the days events.
Visual Interpretation of Poetry Contest
In celebration of Texas High Plains Writers’ centennial, we are having a contest!
Three local poets have each written a poem for an artist to create a piece of art to pair with!
There will be a 1st and 2nd place for each poem with a cash prize of $100 and $50, respectively, and will be displayed at ArtsFest 2020.
Judges are members of the ArtsFests’ Literary Committee. Entries are due April 2nd.
If you are interested in submitting your artwork interpretation of any of the poems, please email a photo of and the dimensions of your artwork as well as your cell phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual ArtsIf you are interested in submitting your work of art for the ArtsFest visual arts galleries, please send an email to AmarilloArtsFestVisual@gmail.com with the following information:
- Email subject: Gallery Artist
- Picture of piece
- Your name and phone number where we may reach you
- Art Title
- Description of piece
- Contact email/phone number for clients
- Name of business if applicable
Submissions close March 17th.
Pieces must be 5 feet or less in height and width.
Feel free to submit more than one painting/sculpture. We may select more than one depending on space available by jury date.
Drop offs will be at Amarillo College between March 21st and April 4th.
If you would like to have a booth, please email AmarilloArtsFestVisual@gmail.com with the following information:
- Email subject: ArtsFest Booth
- Business name
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email
- What you sell
- Storefront address (if public)
DetailsDon’t hesitate to share the email with any artists you think should be included. Due to number of submissions, please expect a wait time to hear back about acceptance, drop off locations, and pick up locations.
- To establish a yearly celebration of Amarillo arts to take place in Amarillo’s Cultural Arts District.
- To increase awareness of Amarillo’s very diverse arts communities.
- To harness the spirit and power of collaboration among the creative arts communities in the Texas Panhandle.
- To showcase high quality art as both hobby and career.
- To highlight the breadth, depth, and quality of the arts community in the greater Amarillo area of both professional and amateur artists.
- To promote Amarillo as a destination of choice for arts-minded tourists.
- To retain and grow the arts community for the next generation of consumers, artists, and patrons.